TWO sessions including on- the- water sailing clinic:
- select a spinnaker for wind conditions
- preparation for rounding windward and leeward marks
- why and how to raise bearing away or gibeset
- communicate position of the pole
- steer and trim to performance prediction optimization polars
- leeward and windward douse
- avoiding and recovering from broaches
VSC101 Qualified Keelboat Crew, ASA101, CYA Crew or equivalent time on the water
Morning Session - 9:00AM to Noon
The Theory and Rigging of the Symetrical Spinnaker
What, why, when how to fly the most powerful sail on the modern cruiser / racing yacht. Practice rigging the control lines, sheets, pole and spinnaker bag. Select the correct halyard to avoid dangerous douses. Learn how to pack a spinnaker to ready it for the hoist.
Afternoon Session - 13:00 - 16:30PM
Practical on-the-Water Session
- Learn to hoist, trim, gibe and douse the modern Symetrical Spinnaker- open water English Bay session aboard J29 or Beneteau First 36.7 cruiser/racer.
- An awesome fun afternoon learning how to efficiently and effectively fly the largest and most powerful sails aboard the modern racer/ cruiser yacht.
- English Bay will provide the protected sailing area to help us through new skills, technique and working together with crew and helmsman
- Don't forget to bring your sailing gloves, have lunch early on Granville Island and dress warm and dry
- $195 for Morning and Afternoon sessions
- Light lunch provided- gourmet sandwich, pastry, filtered water, non-alcoholic beverages
- Option 1 - $125 - repeat Afternoon Session - VSC Members and VSC Students $95