2017 Dates: July July 8-14 FULL/ July 15-21 3 spots available / Aug 12-18 Full / Aug 19-25 3 spots available
Desolation Sound is only 100 miles north of Vancouver. It's best described as a massive British Columbia Provincial Marine Park offering majestic fjords, towering peaks, cascading waterfalls, pristine lakes, and countless well-protected anchorages. Minimal development creates a true feeling of experiencing unspoiled wilderness.
Sailors at all levels from BC and all over the world join us each summer to earn Internationally recognized NauticEd Sailing Certifications in Desolation Sound, one of the world's most sought out sailing destinations.
Cruise & Learn includes enrolment in two courses per 7-day session. Select from:
- Qualified Crew (Beginner)
- Day Skipper (Intermediate)
- Bareboat Charter Master (Intermediate)
- Coastal Navigation (Intermediate)
- Advanced Coastal Cruising Skipper (Advanced)
- VHF Radio Operatotors Course (ROC-M ) License
- VSC506 Spinnaker Fundamentals and/or Docking emdorsements
- Exceptional light and moderate wind sailing, pristine protected anchorages and remote quaint ports-of-call
- Rich abundance of wildlife including, seals, sea lions, Orca, Gray and Humpback whales and two species of dolphins
- Earn your NauticEd Qualified Crew, Coastal Day Skipper, Bareboat Charter Master and Coastal Navigation Certifications- International recognized qualifications for proof of competency
- Swimming in fresh water mountain lakes and 23 degree C (80 degree F) ocean salt water snokeling
- Smugglers Cove
- Pender Harbor
- Powell River
- Prixdeau Haven
- Octopus Island
- Refuge Cove
- Butte Inlet
- Von Dunops Inlet
- Squirrel Cove
- Grace Harbor
Enrolment per person is $1875, couples and group special discounts 10%
- 7-days of certified sailing instruction aboard a 2011 Beneteau 36 sloop equipped for coastal cruising with spinnaker
- Fresh linens, sleeping bag and towels
- all safety gear
- On a second optional week we visit 6 additional stunning anchorages and ports
- Mediterranean Anchoring and Spinnaker Endorsements are included
- All aboard meals, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages
- Use of 2 Kayaks, fishing gear and Dinghy with outboard
There are many spectacular routes through Desolation Sound's maze of channels, bays and islands. Broad reach 30 miles up the mountain clad fiords of Toba and Bute Inlets. Circumnavigate Redondo East and West Islands from Grace Harbor or Prideau Haven and anchor in Squirrel Cove or Harriot Bay. Our Beneteau First sailboats are optimized for all weather conditions and winds.
Summer sun and tides meet to create warm water 23+ degrees Celsius - perfect for swimming and snorkeling after your afternoon sail.
Does this sound like the sailing holiday you always imagined? Contact US or register for this Desolation Sound Cruise & Learn sailing adventure today!
Adventure Wilderness Sailing + Fun + Value