Vancouver Sailing Club & NAUTICED’S ITALY- THE BASICS
When: July 14-21, 2018, Sept 13-20 2019 / Sept 20-27 2019
Who: Grant Headifen is the Global Director of Education and will be leading the flotilla. Carl Richardson is the Chief Instructor of the Vancouver Sailing Club and assistant flotilla leader.
What: A flotilla is a group of yachts guided by an experienced fleet captain through a new destination.
Where: Southwest coast of Italy. Start in Solerno. Tyhrennian Sea; Bay of Naples. We will be visiting and exploring the Phlegraean Islands and Amalfi Coast, specifically Procida, Ischia, Capri, Amalfi, Positano, and Sorrento. Fly into Naples or Rome.
Why: Why not? Experience a new charter destination with an experienced NauticEd team. Have you ever rafted up 7 yachts and participated in a FishBQ? Italian wine... our experience is they keep the best and ship the rest.
How: The NauticEd team are expert charterers having lead groups all over the Caribbean, Mediterranean and Pacific.
We provide pre-charter advice, transportation assistance as well as the course and itinerary, including recommendations of things to do, see, and eat. NauticEd will also host fun events and social activities. We will be there for you to answer any questions and assist if there is an emergency. Of course, you’re welcome to explore as you see fit and your own itinerary.
This flotilla offers you independence with peace of mind as well as fun and comradery with other flotilla sailors. The focus will be foremost on fun, local foods and wine, and enjoyment of this gorgeous coastal area of Italy.
Most sailing days will be 2-5 hours long. There are no long distance sailing days unless you want to race Carl around Capri on the Wednesday evening ( special insurance allowing).
• Up to 9 monohulls ranging in size including the NauticEd monohull (see above)
• Each boat has a captain who makes selection as to boat size, cabin #, age of boat, and cost; captain is responsible for filling his/her yacht with crew/friends/guests.
• Each boat will be supplied with boat bling, crew t-shirts , and other fun flotilla toys,
• NauticEd will be making all boat charter arrangements for any crew joining the NauticEd Italy Flotilla.
• Captains need to be licensed for yacht chartering in European waters. Either of: the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) or the NauticEd SLC is accepted.
Bavaria 46 4/3 2018
Sun Odyssey 449 4/2
Sun Odyssey 439 4/2
Oceanis 38 3/2 2018
Sun Odyssey 379
Cat Lipari 41 4/2 2014