Vancouver's favorite Sailing School
"Thank you so much for this fantastic experience! I admire both your expertise and your patience with us. I look forward to an opportunity to sail with VSC again soon."
-Nat Slepkova, North Vancouver,VSC100
Never sailed before? Get started with a full day on-the-water sailing instruction on Vancouver's protected English Bay and Howe Sound. Experience the joy of these Vancouver sailing classes which provide an introduction to seamanship and the opportunity to do more.
None. Beginner level course.
$295 per person, $530 per couple, $1275 for private groups of 2-6 adults, $195 per person for VSC Members
Vancouver Sailing Lessons include:
- "Safety is First" introduction to proper use of equipment, PFD and safety procedures
- Seamanship - the terminology of sailing, the responsibilities of the Skipper and Crew, describing and locating the wind, tying bowline, sheet bend and stopper knots, reviewing local regulations and the basic Rules of the Road for boating
- On-the-water instruction on how to rig, raise, trim, lower and fold the sails
- Learn-to-sail the points-of-sail, the triangle course and develop skills for Man Overboard (MOB) Recovery
- Heave-to for a light lunch in the middle of English Bay
- Enrolment in NauticEd eLearning sailing courses "Basic Sail Trim" and recreational boating "Rules of the Road"
- $100 credit to be applied for enrolment in VSC101 Qualified Crew weekend course or VSC Cruise & Learn adventures in the Gulf Islands Cruise & Learn
Vancouver Sailing Class Availability:
- Year-round Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday- registered students and groups meet at Granville Island Docks 8:30am- 5pm.
- For group private sailing of 4-6 adults please CONTACT US
"I had a great time on Saturday and I am ready to learn more. I'd like to sign up for the VSC101 & VSC203 Day Skipper Cruise and Learn on June 15........Thanks for your excellent instruction."
- Dale Trimble, Vancouver, BC, VSC100