1) Enrolment, Membership and Sailing Reservations
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of our invoice amount is required to confirm enrolments/ reservations for Courses, Cruise & Learn, Sailboat Rentals, and Skippered Charters. The Balance is due 45 days prior to departure or as advertised by VSC
- Membership Fees are due on VSC Invoice date. No refunds for sailing courses, racing and cruising not completed.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars with the exception of International Cruise & Learn or Mileage Builder Adventures
- Shipping of materials is FOB Vancouver, BC and billed separately at time of shipment
- We accept cash, bank drafts, VISA, MasterCard, PayPal and Canadian INTERACT bank transfers
- A one-time change to Course/ Charter/ Cruise & Learn dates is at no charge if made 60 days prior to original date. A charge of $125 per course will be made for additional changes. Changes are subject to availability and fees at the time of change request
In the absence of VSC special promotions, credits of 5% of course fees will be provided to Member/ Student accounts for each of the following:
- full payment of Cruise & Learn 4 months in advance
- booking two or more persons at same time for one or more courses
- 90+% scores on VSC written examinations in 2016 and 2017
3) Inclement Weather
Your Vancouver Sailing Club Certified Instructor/ Skipper is trained and motivated to make sailing safe and enjoyable for all participants. It is the sole responsibility of the Instructor/ Skipper to make a determination to sail, postpone sailing or re-schedule the days sailing.
4) Liability Waiver
All participants, students and VSC Members are required to sign our personal Liability Waiver as a prerequisite to participate.
5) Trip Cancellation Insurance (TCI) and Refunds
Vancouver Sailing Club recommends that new students and VSC Members review the TCI offered on their personal Credit Cards, PayPal and National/ Provincial Automobile Association Cards used for booking their sailing. If your coverage is not sufficient or unclear, don't hesitate to Contact Us to obtain coverage from our insurance carriers at reasonable rates. No refunds.
6) Binding Arbitration
Any claim, controversy or dispute arising out of or relating to services provided by the Vancouver Sailing Club, it's employees and contractors including but not limited to Instruction, Courses, crewed/ bareboat Charters, Cruise & Learn Adventures, International Travel and Racing Adventures shall be resolved by binding arbitration before a single licensed British Columbia Arbitrator. The arbitration shall be conducted in Vancouver, British Columbia and the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the other party legal fees and costs incurred in connection with the arbitration. Participants, students and Members agree to and understand that by entering into this agreement for binding arbitration, he or she is waiving his or hers right to a jury trial or any other dispute/ complaint resolution method and expressly consent to such waiver.
The Vancouver Sailing Club and its employees respect your privacy. Information acquired for VSC program registrations and Memberships will not be provided to another party without prior written permission.
Please Contact Us if you require clarification or assistance concerning the above.