Sailing makes our lives and the lives of those around us much richer . . . . .
Since 2004, the mission of the Vancouver Sailing Club (VSC) has been to provide adults with a fun and comprhensive sailing education that exceeds internationally recognized certification requirements for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced recreational sailing. Our Courses are open to both Members and non-members and are available year-round.
During the past 12 years, our Club's program has prepared more than 1,450 of our Students to explore Vancouver, the BC coast and the world:
- Introduction to Sailing, Qualified Crew and Day Skipper certification weekends on Vancouver's English Bay, Indian Arm and Howe Sound
- 3, 5, 7 & 14 day Cruise & Learn and Mileage Builder adventures to BC's Gulf Islands, Desolation Sound and the West Coast of Vancouver Island- earn your cruising qualifications for Coastal Day Skipper and Bareboat Chartering Master
- Private sailing courses and group charters on English Bay, Howe Sound, Desolation Sound, Gulf Islands and the Caribbean and Mediterranean
- British Virgin Islands (BVI) and Grenadines 7, 10 & 14 day Cruise & Learn and Mileage Builder adventures
- Competive Keelboat Racing Learn-to-Race year round on our Beneteau First 36.7 and J24 One Design racer/cruisers
- Year-round VSC Sailing CLUB - Day sailing to Bowen Island and Indian Arm, Afternoon/Evening English Bay Sails every Thursday and Friday
- Half or full-day Corporate Team Building events in English Bay, Howe Sound or Indian Arm - the most memorable sailing venues in the Vancouver cruising area
Learn-to-Race year round on our Beneteau First 36.7 and J24 One Design racer/cruisers
Learn-to-Sail at the VSC is rewarding:
CONFIDENT, RESPONSIBLE and PREPARED - focus is on competence and safety in an environment of F U N and adventure
RECOGNITION - NauticED.org Certifications are respected qualifications for Bareboat Chartering and Yacht Insurance Companies
CONVENIENCE - progress at your own pace - each course includes an Internet based NauticED pre-course study and Vancouver Sailing Club's flexible year-round sailing schedule from our Vancouver, BC, docks and the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
Are you serious about sailing?
Our Instructors are selected for their ability to mentor new and advanced sailors in reaching their coastal, offshore, oceans and racing sailing goals. Call a VSC Instructor today to discuss your level of experience, sailing goals and personal requirements. With this understanding of you, we will prepare a road map of resources to achieve your goals at your pace.
Make 2018 your year to discover Sailing and Vancouver's sailing lifestyle!
We look forward to welcoming you aboard,
Carl Richardson, Yachtmaster Offshore
Managing Director and Chief Instructor
Confident, Responsible and Prepared