Sailing makes our lives and the lives of those around us much richer . . . . .
The safety of a yacht and her crew is the sole and inescapable responsibility of the Skipper, or Captain. Understanding his must be satisfied as to the soundness of the hull, spars, rigging, sails and all gear. He must ensure that all safety equipment is properly maintained and stowed and that the crew know where it is kept and how it is to be used.
Since 2004, the mission of the Vancouver Sailing Club (VSC) has been to provide adults with a fun and a comprehensive sailing education that exceeds internationally recognized certification requirements for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced recreational sailing. Our Courses are open to both Members and non-members and are available year-round.
During the past 12 years, our Club's program has prepared more than 1,450 of our Students to explore Vancouver, the BC coast and the world:
- Introduction to Sailing, Qualified Crew and Day Skipper certification weekends on Vancouver's English Bay, Indian Arm and Howe Sounnd
- 3, 5, 7 & 14 day Cruise & Learn and Mileage Builder adventures to BC's Gulf Islands, Desolation Sound and the West Coast of Vancouver Island- earn your qualifications for coastal cruising and International Bareboat Chartering
- Private sailing courses and group charters on English Bay, Howe Sound, Desolation Sound, Gulf Islands and the Caribbean
- British Virgin Islands (BVI) 7 & 14 day Cruise & Learn and Mileage Builder adventures
- Competive Keelboat Racing thoughout the Pacific Northwest, Caribbean, and Mediterranean
- Year-round VSC Sailing CLUB - Day sailing and Learn-to-Race year round on our Beneteau First 36.7 and J24 One Design racer/cruisers
- Half or full-day Corporate Team Building events in English Bay, Howe Sound or Indian Arm - the most memorable sailing venues in the Vancouver cruising area
Learning to sail at the VSC is rewarding:
- CONFIDENT, RESPONSIBLE and PREPARED - focus is on competence and safety in an environment of F U N and adventure
- RECOGNITION - NauticED.org Certifications are respected qualifications for Bareboat Chartering and Yacht Insurance Companies worldwide
- CONVENIENCE - progress at your own pace - each course includes an Internet based NauticED pre-course study and Vancouver Sailing Club's flexible year-round sailing schedule from our Vancouver, BC, docks and the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
Serious about sailing? Our Instructors are selected for their ability to mentor new and advanced sailors in reaching their coastal, offshore and racing sailing goals. Call a VSC Instructor today to discuss your level of experience, sailing goals and personal requirements. With this understanding of you, we will prepare a road map of resources to achieve your goals at your pace.
Make 2017 your year to discover Sailing and Vancouver's sailing lifestyle!
We look forward to welcoming you aboard,
Carl Richardson, Managing Director
Confident, Responsible and Prepared